|Required Education||Bachelor's degree in Law, Mass Communications and Journalism, Media Studies,Development Communication or relevant discipline.|
|Other Requirements||Post graduate tertiary or equivalent is an added advantage in Law, Mass Communication, Public policy or other relevant qualification.
- Support Advocacy consultative processes and lobbying activities for MCJL’s core programmatic work/values.
- Planning and implementation of awareness raising activities for various programme work and/or campaigns.
- Provide support to organization of conferences, workshops, seminars, training and delivery of outputs.
- Coordination and mobilization of partners and relevant stakeholders in influencing public policy and government interventions as needed in various programmatic work.
- Contribute to the formulation of final reports to all donors, including the MCJL’s annual report.
- Assists in the implementation of MCJL’s communication and Advocacy strategy.
- Lead in identifying, packaging and pitching stories and public issues to put on digital platforms.
- Liaising with media and identifying interventions to capacitate them as champions for MCJL’s work.
- Provide advice and support to the Programme Team on communication and public relations.
- Implementation of key trends and issues regarding core advocacy and interpersonal relations work in the Muslim community and other faith communities.
- Analyze and ensure that interventions are sensitive to the Muslim community in leadership and core values in order to achieve progress in terms of inclusion of other groups that are marginalized in society.
- Support in updating and sharing recent developments and knowledge related to the field of Advocacy and Communication
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Informed and transparent decision making