About US: MCJL envisions, “A Ugandan society that upholds universal faith-based principles in ensuring equitable access to justice, human rights and observance of the law.” Our mission is, “To facilitate observance of human rights, justice, peace, and good governance through promotion of public interest, civil liberties, and obligations under the law.”
Interested persons with requisite qualifications and passion for excellence are hereby invited to seize this opportunity;
Location: Uganda, based in Kampala at Head Office
Application deadline: 18th March 2020 (Midnight East African Standard Time)
Type of Contract: Project Service Contract.
Post Level: Officer at Tactical level
Languages Required: English, Luganda
Duration of Intial Contract: 1 year initially (Extendable).
|Required Education||Bachelor’s degree in Law, Mass Communications and Journalism, Media Studies,Development Communication or relevant discipline.|
|Other Requirements||Post graduate tertiary or equivalent is an added advantage in Law, Mass Communication, Public policy or other relevant qualification.At least three years of work experience in similar environmentWorking knowledge of NGO sectorConversant with current issues in the Muslim community on Access to Justice, peace building and GenderMotivated to work and ready to follow-up key stakeholders|
The Research Advocacy and Information Officer will maintain a consistent relationship with targeted communities, leaders and duty bearers, conduct presentations and conduct various types of social and legal related research as well as internal capacity building of the staff and provide technical input and support on day-to-day research-related work..
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support Advocacy consultative processes and lobbying activities for MCJL’s core programmatic work/values.
- Planning and implementation of awareness raising activities for various programme work and/or campaigns.
- Provide support to organization of conferences, workshops, seminars, training and delivery of outputs.
- Coordination and mobilization of partners and relevant stakeholders in influencing public policy and government interventions as needed in various programmatic work.
- Contribute to the formulation of final reports to all donors, including the MCJL’s annual report.
- Assists in the implementation of MCJL’s communication and Advocacy strategy.
- Lead in identifying, packaging and pitching stories and public issues to put on digital platforms.
- Liaising with media and identifying interventions to capacitate them as champions for MCJL’s work.
- Provide advice and support to the Programme Team on communication and public relations.
- Implementation of key trends and issues regarding core advocacy and interpersonal relations work in the Muslim community and other faith communities.
- Analyze and ensure that interventions are sensitive to the Muslim community in leadership and core values in order to achieve progress in terms of inclusion of other groups that are marginalized in society.
- Support in updating and sharing recent developments and knowledge related to the field of Advocacy and Communication
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Informed and transparent decision making
Applications should be addressed to the President sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position applied for in the subject matter. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certiﬁed copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character. N.B: No hand delivery application will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MCJL is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.