About US: MCJL envisions, “A Ugandan society that upholds universal faith-based principles in ensuring equitable access to justice, human rights and observance of the law.” Our mission is, “To facilitate observance of human rights, justice, peace, and good governance through promotion of public interest, civil liberties, and obligations under the law.”
|Location :||Uganda, Based in Kampala at Head Office|
|Application Deadline :||18th March 2020 (Midnight East African Time)|
|Type of Contract :||Project Service Contract|
|Languages Required :||English, Luganda|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year initially (Extendable)|
To assist in developing, planning, reviewing, monitoring and implementing Legal Aid Clinic operations and programs.
Academic qualifications and experience
- LLB (Hons) degree from a recognized University.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre
- LMM or MBA from a recognized university is an added advantage.
- Post graduate training in management is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in active legal practice.
- Experience in fundraising and dealing with /development partners.
- Ability to lead teams and mentor employees from different backgrounds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Oversee, monitor and offer advisory Legal Services to the Centre regarding court cases involving MCJL and make periodical reports to the Head of Programs.
- Planning at a managerial level for effective and Quality legal aid services
- Supervise legal research on topical legal issues related to the activities of MCJL.
- Allocate duties to, supervise, guide and manage staff performance under his / her direct report.
- To oversee the department’s financial operations.
Applications should be addressed to the President sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position applied for in the subject matter. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certiﬁed copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character. N.B: No hand delivery application will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MCJL is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.