About US: MCJL envisions, “A Ugandan society that upholds universal faith-based principles in ensuring equitable access to justice, human rights and observance of the law.” Our mission is, “To facilitate observance of human rights, justice, peace, and good governance through promotion of public interest, civil liberties, and obligations under the law.”
Number of Positions: 1
Duty Station: Head Office.
Reports to: Legal aid manager
Deadline: 18th March 2020 at Midnight
Job Purpose: To provide legal services to the indigent and marginalized individuals in the target communities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Taking appropriate legal action on behalf of clients through representing them, producing legal letters, mediating disputes.
- Interviewing clients and listening to their concerns in order to fully understand the legal issues effecting them; at all times treating clients with compassion and respect
- Providing clients with professional advice and guidance.
- Following up on the progress of client’s cases and keeping them informed at all
Participating in the development of detailed project plans; including participating in stakeholder analysis and research if required
· Organising and/or participating in networking events and community outreaches.
· Participating in the development of Information, Education & Communication Campaigns
Academic qualifications and experience
· Bachelor of Laws. Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice is a must.
· Must be computer literate.
· Possession of a valid Practicing Certificate
· Possess at least 2 years’ experience in the related field.
· Strong writing and reporting Skills
· Strong Interpersonal skills
· High Communication skills
· High integrity
Applications should be addressed to the President sent to email@example.com and include the position applied for in the subject matter. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certiﬁed copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character. N.B: No hand delivery application will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MCJL is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.